2013/09/06

Pomar – artisan bakery in Palma de Mallorca since 1902

This summer I travelled in Mallorca which belongs to the Balearic Islands, Spain.  In the heart of the capital Palma de Mallorca is located Pastisseries Pomar – an artisan bakery with long tradition beginning from 1902. I had read about the bakery beforehand and understood that it is especially popular among locals. This is the place people go to get bread, cakes and everything else sweet and delicious.

Pomar has three stores in Mallorca, two in the city of Palma and one in Campos. I visited the one on Calle Manacor in Palma after doing some shopping at the El Corte Inglés department store located nearby.  I guess most people go to the bakery to get what they want and take it with them. There is a coffee bar in the store also and I got a nice corner table and stayed for coffee and cake. All the cakes looked very nice and I had difficulties in choosing which one to have. Too often it happens that I go to a café and there is not a single piece of cake that looks good to me. In Pomar the situation was delightfully the opposite. I then ended up having two different types of cake and both of them tasted excellent. But this was not enough. When I was finishing my coffee the baker appeared from the kitchen carrying new warm from the oven croissants de chocolate and other mouth watering baked goods. There I was again at the desk ordering for more – of course I had to, there were new options to choose from!







There are many nice cafes and bakeries in Palma but I have to say for me there was something special in Pomar. I highly recommend it if you are in Palma and want to enjoy some coffee and cake.

Pastisseries Pomar
Palma de Mallorca, Mallorca, Spain
Campos, Mallorca, Spain         



No comments:

Post a Comment